Well, I'm feeling better today! I still have a stuffy nose and cough but I no longer feel dead! Now I am trying to catch up on chores but I thought I would take a small time out and post this really fun list my Dad e-mailed me. I have seen a lot of lists joking around about the Pacific Northwest but this one really hits the nail on the head! Joel read it outloud to me the other night when I was still not feeling good and I laughed so hard! He did have some problems with the pronouciations which made it even funnier! Sorry to all my readers who have not lived in the Pacific Northwest!
The Pacific Northwest According To Jeff Foxworthy:
1. You know the state flower (Mildew).
2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
3. Use the statement "sun break", and know what it means.
4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
5 You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant or to church.
7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "WALK" signal.
8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it's not a real mountain.
9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Veneto's.
10 You know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon.
11. You know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Haceta, Yaquina, Yachats, Issaquah, Oregon, Yakima and Willamette.
12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food.
14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark while only working eight-hour days.
15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
16. You are not fazed by "Today's forecast: Showers followed by rain," And "Tomorrow's forecast: Rain followed by showers."
17.You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of mind.
19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see through the cloud cover.
20. You use the phrase "The mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
21. You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks on.
23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
24. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time.
26. You measure distance in hours.
27. You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in the same day.
28. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
29. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, winter, Still Raining, Road Construction, and Deer & Elk season.
30. You understood these jokes and will probably forward them
All of these things I understood and'or have done! I especially like #8 since around here people label any hill as a mountain! Our church is on the "West Mountain" which means its on a very big hill to the west. True, it is a very steep hill, but its still just a hill! #24 is also particularly funny to me since we used to mock anyone seen with an umbrella when I used to live in the Port Townsend area and I still won't be caught dead with one! I do admit to owning a penguin umbrella but I only use it for the girls!
So I hope all my Pacific Northwest buddies got a good laugh and the rest of you can laugh for our sake!