Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sewing Project

I've been working on a quilt recently but I needed a break so I decided to tackle another project I've been meaning to do for awhile now-new sheets and pillow cases for Katie. So yesterday while Joel worked on homework I got out my supplies and went to work. I took one of Katie's old crib sheets and cut off one elastic end then trimmed it with some pretty ladybug flannel I had gotten on sale at JoAnn's. Then I took an old Pack N' Play sheet, cut the elastic ends off and made it into a pillow case using the same trim as on the sheet. I had enough lady bug fabric left over to make one more pillow case. Katie was delighted with her new bed set and I had a lot of fun making them. Abby really likes them too and they both had to try the new pillow case and sheet out when I put them on Katie's bed this morning! It's always fun when you can make something new out of something of old!

No comments: